Calibre Design Awards Submission Period
November 1, 2016 – January 20, 2017
Final Submissions are due by Friday, January 20th, 5pm PT
No exceptions. No extensions.
May 19, 2017
The online submission form is now closed. Download the 2017 Call for Entries here.
The Calibre Design Awards recognize design excellence in commercial interior design in Southern California, and celebrate the teamwork required to deliver outstanding design.
Who Can Enter
IIDA Professional and Associate Members in good standing on January 13, 2017 who are employed by a design firm or self-employed.
How To Enter
2017 Project Categories
- Work Extra-Large – 50,000+ square feet
- Work Large – 25,000 – 49,999 square feet
- Work Medium – 10,000 – 24,999 square feet
- Work Small – Under 10,000 square feet
- Public & Community Spaces – Government, institutional, transportation, worship and museum galleries
- Health & Wellness – Medical, spa, fitness, hospital, long term care facilities
- Hospitality – Hotel main spaces, point of sale retail, restaurants, country clubs
- Boutique Firm – Projects in this category may be submitted by boutique design firms that have a single location with under 10 full time staff (including consultants) at the time the project was completed. Any type of project is acceptable in this category.
- Education – Elementary/secondary educational facilities, colleges/universities
- Entertainment – Casinos, arenas, theaters, performing arts centers
Projects must be located in Southern California and must have been completed between October 1, 2015 and December 31, 2016. You may save your changes as you are working in the Submission Form, but no changes will be accepted once it is submitted.
The cost for the first entry is $250, and each additional entry is $200. There is no limit to the number of entries a designer or design firm may submit. Fees must be paid in full at the time of submission and are non-refundable.
1. The Project Team shall consist of the submitting designer and 3-5 additional Team Members who made significant contributions to the project and who are not associated with the submitting design firm. You will be asked to provide the following information for each Team Member. Please be sure and enter the correct spelling and full name of each company.
• Company name & address
• Contact name, profession/specialty, phone number & email address
2. You will be asked to answer four questions with a 250 word limit for each. Team names must not be included when answering the submission questions to keep teams anonymous for judging. You may include the name of your client/project in the answers below and you may include the client’s logo in the photos. However, if you are submitting your own firm’s office, you may not include the design firm name in either the descriptions or the photos.
• Please explain the project objectives and provide a profile of the client and their business. Description may include the name of the client.
• Please detail the design philosophy and solutions relative to the project objectives.
• How did the team collaborate to bring the project to completion?
• How well did the team resolve challenges and address the program?
3. You may submit up to six hi-res images of the completed project. Renderings are not allowed. One of the images must be a floor plan of the space. Images must be hi-res JPEGs at a minimum size of 8 x 10” at 250dpi. You will be asked to choose the featured image to be used in promotional materials – this image must be horizontal aspect. We recommend it be a representative interior shot. Images may contain the name and/or logo of the client.
Winning projects will be announced at the Calibre Design Awards gala on May 19, 2017. Trophies will be given to the team members listed in the Submission. No additional awards will be available for fabrication or purchase.