Be a part of a team, in a creative Irvine office and have the opportunity to make a difference in peoples’ lives through beautiful design. Boulder Associates is a leader in design for healthcare and senior living from thriving offices in Boulder, Sacramento, Irvine, San Francisco and Dallas. We believe in sustainable design, healthy environments and making everything we touch better.
We seek a talented junior interior designer to join our Irvine team. This person will work in close collaboration with architects, interior designers, contractors and clients to design a
variety of healthcare project types from programming through construction administration.
Top candidates should thrive in a small office environment. Candidate should be self-motivated, eager to learn and have long-term career goals in mind.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work with design teams on multiple projects with an eye toward excellent client satisfaction.
• Assist with the development of design direction to determine project requirements for schedule, budget, specifications, materials, etc.
• Assist in research and selection of materials, creating concept and interior presentations and production of material boards.
• Works with the internal design team, consultants and clients to ensure project success.
• Assist with the development of project documentation in Revit.
• Assists with the specification of FF&E packages.
• Perform construction administration duties.
Required Experience / Attributes:
• Professional degree in interior design or interior architecture
• 2-5 years professional experience in interior design
• Portfolio of work that demonstrates excellence in design thinking
• Proficient in Revit
• Skilled in SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite
• Able to work effectively on multiple projects at one time
• Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders, vendors and project team members
• Self-motivated and able to problem-solve independently
• LEED accreditation
• Experience in concepts of wayfinding
• Experience with evidence-based design methodologies
• Understanding of programming and space planning practices
How to apply:
Complete the Boulder Associates online application and submit your cover letter, resume and a link to view your online portfolio.
Thank you for your interest in our firm!