OC City Center – Desk Talk with Grace Kang
Meet Grace Kang from Knoll Textiles! She is our Co-Director on the IIDA OC City Center local board. We asked her a few questions and here are her answers:
1. What is the best advice someone gave you? “The grass ain’t always greener on the other side. The grass is greener where you tend to it, water it and work hard.”
2. What are your 4 ways you stay sane throughout the day?
– Music…. I am always on the road and always listening to music. I listen to different types of music all through out the day
– “30 Second Dance Parties” I got this from my favorite TV show Grey’s Anatomy. I always stop and remind myself to have a 30 second dance party. So if you ever see me dancing in a library of a design firm, now you know why 🙂
– Coffee. Need I say any more?
– A really good laugh!
3. What is your favorite thing to do?
I love to cook. I love food. I love everything and anything to do with food. I love to cook for myself and friends, I love to read about cooking, watch people cook, learn about cooking, go grocery shopping for food….. Oh did I mention I like wine too? So my favorite thing to do has a lot to do with food and wine being combined as much as possible. 🙂
4. Ok, we get it…. You love food. So then what is your philosophy on food?
Eat to celebrate and take the time to embrace the process! Food not only nourishes your body but, also your soul and fuels happiness! Plus, food is best when shared with people you love.
5. What 6 things have inspired you lately?
3. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
5. Setting your intention and letting go
Thanks! Keep in touch with us on Instagram: @iida_oc #iida_oc
Jenny Diaz, CID, RDI Assoc., IIDA Assoc.
IIDA OC City Center – Communications Chair