HBG Design is seeking a skilled Senior Interior Designer in our San Diego office to contribute to the delivery of memorable design experiences for our national hospitality and entertainment clients. The firm is recognized as the #3 hospitality and entertainment design firm in the U.S. by Hotel Business magazine, and is consistently honored as a Top Workplace for our innovative workplace programs.
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
• Architectural and/or Interior Design degree
• Registered Interior Designer
• A minimum of ten (10) years experience with hospitality, gaming, and/or entertainment is preferred
• Thorough understanding of the hospitality industry, market trends, the design and delivery process, and client expectations
• Well-rounded portfolio of design styles that demonstrate your ability to create high quality, complex, and well-appointed interior spaces
• Experience collaborating with architectural designers to integrate the interior environment with the exterior and interior architecture for a cohesive design
• Excellent presentation, organization, and communication skills
• Ability to lead a team from schematic design through construction documents and construction administration
• Graphic and artistic ability and/or computer/technology design capability
• Highly skilled in Revit, Sketchup, SpexxLogic, Microsoft Office, Photoshop, InDesign, and AutoCAD
As a Senior Interior Designer, you will lead a team from schematic design through construction documents and construction administration. In this role, you will be integral in leading the project team successfully through the entire design process, from design kick-off to opening. You will work professionally and cooperatively with Clients, Project Managers, Project Architects, Consultants, and Contractors throughout the design and construction process. You will have opportunities to develop advanced level designs, utilizing your advanced grasp of project development and production processes. HBG Design offers a well-rounded benefits plan, year-round flexible hours for all employees, and a variety of programs designed to support the important balance between life, health, work and play.
Celebrating 40 years of designing experience, HBG Design’s 120 professionals in Memphis and San Diego create transformative spaces that connect people to place. Passion and people are at the heart of every experience we create. It’s that winning combination that has led to our ranking as the #3 hospitality design firm in the nation by Hotel Business magazine and led to consistent recognition as a Best Place to Work. We are highly focused on delivering inspired design experiences, engaging employees across the organization, and enacting innovative, award-winning operational practices that help our employees design their own unique career experiences. The firm is an AIA Tennessee Outstanding EP (Emerging Professionals) Friendly Firm and was honored by AIA and NCARB with the 2015-2018 Intern Development Program Outstanding Firm Award. Experience our projects and culture at www.hbg.design.
Apply online here.