Working as a part of an integrated design team of architects, engineers and other technical specialists and utilizing expertise in spatial concepts, conceptual planning, construction materials and methods, lighting, color, and texture the interiors architect will provide project design, technical, and production expertise and leadership to create fully integrated materials, designs and documentation for life safety,, functionality and aesthetics, as well as strategize to help research, identify and develop new clients and opportunities, for the sale of profitable design services.
• Meet with clients and potential clients to understand project needs and provide expertise regarding interiors including lighting, furnishings and finishes.
• Engage clients and users through dynamic design presentation to enable the design team to produce effective results quickly and efficiently.
• Development, oversight and management of interior architecture concepts and documentation process from programmatic design through construction administration for interior architecture elements and systems.
• Assist in conceptualizing and review of designs utilizing digital design tools.
• Function as discipline team leader on large, complex projects when assigned.
• Responsible for overseeing and motivating the highest performance of project team members responsible for interior architecture.
• Prepare and monitor project status reports.
• Conduct material and product research as required for project development.
• Attend project meetings as necessary.
• Interface with internal discipline team leaders and internal\external project team members, including consultants, contractors and vendors/suppliers.
• Monitor staff to produce quality architectural and engineering services within a project team concept.
• Provide team member performance feedback to individual team members and to discipline leaders for performance and promotional evaluation processes.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture and\or Interior Design.
• Professional Licensure or Certification.
• LEED Accredited preferred.
• Minimum 10 years’ professional experience with three years in supervisory role.
• Extensive knowledge of all aspects of professional services from marketing through project close-out, including design and technical expertise.
• A comprehensive understanding of the coordination aspects related to Interior Architecture for all disciplines.
• Ability to motivate others and develop teamwork, excellent writing and speaking skills and strong organizational skills.
• Ability to work well with others under deadline situations.
• Detail-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible.
• Working knowledge of digital design experience with RevitArchitecture preferred. Other digital design tool knowledge (ACAD, Rhino, Max) a plus.
• Possess strong business acumen.
• This position is a highly visible role to clients and employees that require maturity, assertiveness, integrity and the ability to lead, influence and persuade.
• Ability to interact well in various business and social settings with all types of people in a mature and professional manner.
• Capable of performing all duties of a Project Team Leader.
• Good verbal and written communication skills in order to provide clear work directives and to clearly share ideas with the client and project team.
• Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending client, project and construction meetings.
• Ability to access existing and new project sites for observation, investigation and evaluation purposes.
• Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes.
• Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
THIS IS NOT NECESSARILY AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS, DUTIES, REQUIREMENTS, EFFORTS, OR WORKING CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE JOB. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of current job responsibilities, the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, time-sensitive assignments, or technological developments), may be required. In addition, please refer to the Employee handbook for specific policy and procedure information.