• 3-5 years prior related experience in the furniture design industry is required. Commercial furniture design experience is preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Advanced in AutoCAD
• CAP 2020 or other similar design software
• Strong knowledge of the design process including space planning, color and material selection, FF&E, design development, and vendor management
• Strong conceptual design skills employing innovative ideas and materials
• Rendering programs is a plus.
• Previous project experience including a wide range of scales and complexity in all phases of design
BS/BA/BFA degree in Interior Design, Architectural Design or a similar field is required
Position Purpose & Focus:
The designer will perform a variety of interior design project assignments under the general supervision of a senior designer or sales team, and will work directly with the client representatives. The designer will be a key contributor in all project phases, including the development of creative design solutions, translating them into thorough design documents, and working closely with external key players to achieve a quality-built project. Will collaborate with all departments to ensure conformance to project requirements.
• Independently conceptualize technical and design requirements, client needs, and price points to start and complete project
• Expected to meet all project deadlines and accurate specifications to minimize errors
• Expected to successfully complete any project scope with various furniture systems
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Manages design requests assigned to ensure project deadline is achieved.
• Maintains communication with sales team as it relates to specific projects.
• Completes space planning, furniture specifications, 2D/3D drawings, bill of materials (BOM) and renderings, and concept packages.
• Communicates and oversee outsourced designs as it relates to your projects.
• Efficiently manages personal schedule to accommodate timelines.
• Accurate pricing, research and document preparation
• Completes electrical drawings calling out floor cores, wall outlets, data, etc.
• Completes furniture specification using design software, preparing bill of materials (BOM) for order entry.
• Completes request for proposals (RFP) as needed.
• Generate detailed Installation drawings and review with Project Manager and Installer.
• Performs field measurements verifying field conditions are captured in AutoCAD.
• Attends client meetings as requested by sales team.
• Check select project acknowledgements with Project Coordinators to ensure accuracy.
• Creates punch list orders as needed.
• Continuously receives training with individual manufacturer’s to be knowledgeable of their products and specifications of their products.
Reports to: Director of Design
• Live the Entrepreneurial spirit
• Create raving fans
• Deliver excellence every day
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to visualize concepts and explain them to others.
• Ability to mentor and train junior designers
• Flexibility to manage responsibilities on a variety of project types or projects in various stages of development
• Collaborative capability paralleled with the ability to work independently
• Analytical thinking using logic to address work-related issues and problems
• Great organizational and communication skills
• Capable of establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
• Ability to work independently as well as be a liaison between departments
• Able to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work
• Excellent polite and persuasive communication skills
• High level of attention to detail
If you’re interested in applying, please contact us here.