ICE – Designer, San Diego
ICE – Designer, San Diego
Visit the ICE website for more information.
- 3-5 years prior related experience in the furniture design industry is required. Commercial furniture design experience is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Advanced in AutoCAD
- CAP 2020 or other similar design software
- Strong knowledge of the design process including space planning, color and material selection, FF&E, design development, and vendor management
- Strong conceptual design skills employing innovative ideas and materials
- Rendering programs is a plus.
- Previous project experience including a wide range of scales and complexity in all phases of design
BS/BA/BFA degree in Interior Design, Architectural Design or a similar field is required
Position Purpose & Focus:
The designer will perform a variety of interior design project assignments under the general supervision of a senior designer or sales team, and will work directly with the client representatives. The designer will be a key contributor in all project phases, including the development of creative design solutions, translating them into thorough design documents, and working closely with external key players to achieve a quality-built project. Will collaborate with all departments to ensure conformance to project requirements.
- Independently conceptualize technical and design requirements, client needs, and price points to start and complete project
- Expected to meet all project deadlines and accurate specifications to minimize errors
- Expected to successfully complete any project scope with various furniture systems
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages design requests assigned to ensure project deadline is achieved.
- Maintains communication with sales team as it relates to specific projects.
- Completes space planning, furniture specifications, 2D/3D drawings, bill of materials (BOM) and renderings, and concept packages.
- Communicates and oversee outsourced designs as it relates to your projects.
- Efficiently manages personal schedule to accommodate timelines.
- Accurate pricing, research and document preparation
- Completes electrical drawings calling out floor cores, wall outlets, data, etc.
- Completes furniture specification using design software, preparing bill of materials (BOM) for order entry.
- Completes request for proposals (RFP) as needed.
- Generate detailed Installation drawings and review with Project Manager and Installer.
- Performs field measurements verifying field conditions are captured in AutoCAD.
- Attends client meetings as requested by sales team.
- Check select project acknowledgments with Project Coordinators to ensure accuracy.
- Creates punch list orders as needed.
- Continuously receives training with individual manufacturer’s to be knowledgeable of their products and specifications of their products.
Reports to: Director of Design
- Live the Entrepreneurial spirit
- Create raving fans
- Deliver excellence every day
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to visualize concepts and explain them to others.
- Ability to mentor and train junior designers
- Flexibility to manage responsibilities on a variety of project types or projects in various stages of development
- Collaborative capability paralleled with the ability to work independently
- Analytical thinking using logic to address work-related issues and problems
- Great organizational and communication skills
- Capable of establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Ability to work independently as well as be a liaison between departments
- Able to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work
- Excellent polite and persuasive communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
If you’re interested in applying, please contact us here.
Apply Here Back to Jobs