Kamus + Keller Interiors | Architecture is a growing, full-service architecture and design firm with diverse commercial, media entertainment and residential clients. We are seeking an experienced PROJECT MANAGER | DESIGNER in our DTLA office to lead a dynamic interior design project team. This is a hands-on role and the right candidate will function well as a Designer and Project Manager with strong design and technical expertise related to the commercial tenant improvement field.
As PROJECT MANAGER | DESIGNER, you will be responsible for:
• Leading and directing a commercial interior design and tenant improvement project team in all aspects of our professional services while maintaining communication between project team, client, consultants, contractors and all authorities having jurisdiction over the project.
• Overseeing and managing all activities of the project including client and contract requirements, project planning, budgeting and schedule.
• Conceptual design direction, design development, and construction documents.
• Finish and material, furniture specifications / selections, as well as knowledge of local material resources.
• Maintain and develop relationships with business partners and clients.
• Coordinate and participate in contract preparation and negotiation.
• Ensure project compliance with building code requirements and regulations.
• Staying up-to-date on the LA commercial real estate markets.
• Minimum 6 years’ professional commercial architectural design and technical expertise.
• Bachelors Degree required; professional design certifications are highly desired.
• Advanced technical knowledge of all aspects of commercial interior design, including California Building Code and Title 24 expertise.
• Efficiency in managing multiple tenant improvement projects across all phases.
• Knowledge of architectural interior design concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Knowledge of the commercial real estate process and awareness of the Greater Los Angeles market.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and accurately perform a variety of complicated tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Proficient in AutoCAD. Working knowledge of SketchUp is highly desirable.
Selected by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in Los Angeles for the past two years, we offer great benefits and competitive salary in an innovative and fun working environment.
If you want to join an energetic team and feel that you are a good fit for this role, please submit your resume and cover letter with portfolio to email@example.com.
Kamus + Keller Interiors | Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, disabled and veterans are encouraged to apply.