The Rundown: Leverage your talent by assisting the Design Coordinator and Project Designer in preparing schematic design, design development and construction documents. Prepare design and technical graphics presentations, and assemble material/color boards and other presentation materials as required throughout the development of the design and documentation of assigned projects.
Key Goals and Objectives of this role: Assist the project director, manager, other designers and design coordinators in providing inspired solutions that meet the client’s needs both on time and on budget.
- Broad knowledge and experience in: Understanding the correlation of the functional aspects of the space to the design intent, Materials research/selection/ appropriate use/sustainable attributes, Understanding how to correlate the floor plan with the elevations and ceiling plans, developing a basic level of how to assemble a construction document set – integration of all aspects of interior spaces from furniture and equipment, walls, doors, power, lighting, restrooms, – Construction submittal process.
- Above average skills in: 3D programs, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD/Revit, Sketch up, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Excellent skills in: Listen and follow thru, asks questions, trustworthy, self-sufficient
- Demonstrated ability to: Prepare thoughtful and strategic exhibits for communicating solutions to clients- 2D and 3D.
- General knowledge of: ADA Clearances, Exiting analysis, Space Planning, Plumbing counts analysis,
Education and Experience:
- Degree Requirements: 4-year bachelor interior design
- Years of Experience: 2-7 years of interiors experience (in education a plus)
Desired Certifications: Working toward C.I.D. and LEED AP, NCIDQ is a plus