McFarlane Architects (MA) is a full-service, boutique architectural, interior design and planning firm located in the University City area of San Diego, which specializes in corporate, commercial, and industrial projects for some of the leading real estate developers, pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, and advanced technology companies in San Diego and San Francisco.
MA is an innovative design firm that provides creative design solutions to help its clients create the company culture, workplace strategies and branding needed for their facilities. Our expertise, experience, capabilities, and industry knowledge have positioned MA as a leader in its industry.
MA offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes 10 paid holidays, 401(k) retirement plan with company matching, paid vacation, paid sick leave, and paid employee health insurance and dental insurance. MA has an in-house training program and supports continuing education.
MA is seeking to hire a highly motivated, career minded, full-time SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER who has creative design skills, is knowledgeable in current design trends, workplace strategies, and company branding. Candidates must have experience in corporate facility design, and/or other similar fields.
Candidates must have a degree in interior design or architecture, NCIDQ certification (preferred), and have the ability to develop/execute designs for several project types, work in a collaborative environment, develop presentation drawings, and present designs to clients.
Responsibilities/duties will include:
• Creating and developing new and innovative interior designs for corporate offices, space planning, and color and finish material selections.
• Develop and make client presentations, interpreting client desires and translating their design goals into design and construction documents.
• Working with Specifications Writer to ensure the continuity of drawings and specifications in relation to all interior finishes.
• Resolution of complex design issues.
• Research of products and materials.
• Support Construction Administration phase activities.
• Mentor and direct the work of less experienced staff.
• Professional degree in Interior Design or Architecture.
• 5 plus years of relevant experience in commercial projects in a Commercial Interior Design firm or Architectural Firm.
• NCIDQ certification preferred but not required.
• IIDA membership preferred but not required.
• Ability to develop creative design solutions independently.
• Knowledge of materials and the ability to put together color and material schemes.
• Understanding of the Building Code as applicable to space planning and interior finishes.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit.
• Proficiency in Sketch-up, Lumion, 3D Max and Adobe Photoshop.
• Strong organizational, communication, and documentation skills.
• Ability to work on a team, complete tasks correctly, accurately, meet project deadlines, and make professional presentations to clients.
For consideration, email resume and digital portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org; No calls or drop-ins.