San Diego Student Workshop
The Design Institute of San Diego and IIDA San Diego teamed up to have a workshop that focused on graphic layout and do’s and don’ts for student portfolios and presentation boards. Sean Beacon, a local Graphic Designer who teaches at City College helped instruct the workshop. He covered great general content that will be critical to students in the year to come, especially for those in the early phase of their program.
A few key points that he made:
– Stay focused on your work, limit distractions.
– Create a unified presentation, 2 face types max.
– Have color rules, don’t overdo it.
– Get into the viewers head.
– Intro teaser, process sketches and images, with “payoff” image. Mix them up, not all the same length.
With a total of 15 students and 4 local Designers who supported the workshop, this event was a success!
Everyone had a lot of great questions and were very intrigued by Sean’s range of work.
San Diego City Center – Communications Co-Chair