A Specification Sales Representative at SCI Lighting Solutions is responsible for developing, marketing, and promoting lighting and lighting controls solutions to the specification community. This person will have a base of accounts developed from Electrical Engineers, Architects, Lighting Designers, Interior Designers, and Facility-End
Users. The primary responsibilities will be to develop fixture schedules utilizing the specification grade manufacturer products and services represented by our firm.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Building and maintaining key relationships with the specification community and manufacturers.
• This individual will have a working knowledge of all technical aspects of the manufacturer’s products that SCI represents.
• This individual will be responsible to maintain and continue their education on new technologies as they are developed and introduced to SCI and the marketplace.
• Develop and edit boilerplate specifications
• Coordinate between the specifier, manufacturer and SCI Quotations, Sales and Specification teams to provide a complete and competitive bid package.
• The objective of this position is to have the maximum capture rate of the specifiers’ project business.
• Formulate plans for following up on specification bids to generate orders.
• Responsible for arranging and filing supporting specification and bid documents.
• The salesperson will be required to be an active member of the IES and/or DLF.
• Regular sales meetings.
Skills and Specifications
• This individual should have a complete and thorough understanding of all the SCI product lines, LED and lighting control technology, and pricing structures.
• Possess the ability to present and communicate effectively in-group settings.
• Should hold the capacity to manage budgets and time lines to meet strict deadlines.
• Should possess strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, which will help this individual coordinate among different divisions.
• Experience working with other Lighting and Controls Companies.
Education and Qualifications
The ideal candidate for this position will reside in San Diego County. A strong background in Electrical Systems and Lighting Control Systems along with a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Business is required. Compensation Plan and Benefits
SCI will provide a comprehensive compensation package commensurate with your experience and qualifications. SCI also offers a 401k program, profit sharing, bonus program, and our Health Insurance Program, Dental and Vision.
Please include your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com