Sherman Design Group, Inc. is seeking a full-time Interior Design Project Manager to join our boutique commercial design firm in Long Beach, CA. The candidate that we are looking for must be able to work independently as well as function as part of a collaborative design team. The candidate must have a minimum of 4 years of project management experience and be capable of coordinating projects with contractors and consultants as well as work closely with clients throughout the design process from concept to completion. He or she must be proficient in AutoCAD and be able to produce or direct the completion of complete interior construction documents and have extensive knowledge of building and accessibility codes. The candidate additionally must have ability to provide finish and furnishings selections & specifications as well as preparation of color material schemes. The ideal candidate has a degree from an accredited university with 5 – 8 years’ experience in commercial interiors, tenant improvement or similar. This position may require some travel.
- Prepare a comprehensive project program and apply it to project documents
- Develop space plans that conform to the program and building code requirements, as well as client’s goals and objectives
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction and be able to produce working drawings and specifications, including furniture specifications
- Be able to develop conceptual thoughts and present them to clients
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of bid selection process
- Be able to help develop and present a budget and schedule
- Conduct review of contractor’s submittals for compliance with the design intent
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ professional experience in Interior Design
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and successfully juggle competing priorities
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Must be a team player within a collaborative office
- National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ), desired
- California Interior Design Certification (CID), desired
Sherman Design Group, Inc., has an excellent reputation that has been earned through quality service to prominent corporations, businesses, developers and individuals throughout the Western United States. With over 40 years of experience in design and facilities planning, SDG personnel pride themselves in their unique ability to accurately assess objective project requirements in a timely manner. The functional and aesthetic goals of the project are blended to create efficient and attractive environments that are completed on time and within budget.
We offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, as well as an excellent benefits package, including: paid time off, HMO medical, Simple IRA and more. Sherman Design Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have read this and feel this may be the career opportunity for you, please apply by sending your resume along with verifiable references to: SDGofficehr@gmail.com, Due to the large volume of candidates, only qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
For more information about Sherman Design Group, Inc. please visit: www.shermandesigngroup.net