The 31st Calibre Design Awards was a smashing success, returning to the Beverly Hilton this past May 17th. With a ballroom full of over 850 attendees, the Friday evening celebration was thoroughly enjoyed by our Southern California community. A video recap has been created to summarize this fantastic festivity, please visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elgpwcOvMaI&feature=youtu.be
For event professional photo gallery, please visit:
Eight nominated projects were awarded winning status by the 2019 judging panel. For full list of 2019 Calibre Design Award Winners, please visit:
Congratulations to all the winners!
We would like to also thank our wonderful judging panel for their time, engaging participation and contribution to the judging process:
- Kelly Bauer, FIIDA – Partner, White Baux Studio
- Felice Silverman, FIIDA, LEED ID+C, WELL AP – President/ Principal of Silverman Trykowski Associates
- Guy Geier, FIIDA, FAIA, LEED – Managing Partner of FX Collaborative Architects
Viveca Bissonnette, FIIDA, CID, LEEP AP of Hollander Design Group was honored as the Circle of Excellence 2019 nominee for her passionate devotion to the interior design industry and IIDA organization. Serving as a previous Southern California President and IIDA Fellow, Viveca spoke on behalf of her journey and career transformation.
Thank you to all who attended, we hope you enjoyed the program this year! We are appreciative of the 2019 Calibre Design Awards sponsors:
Environmental Contracting Corporation
Clune Construction Company
AMA Consulting Engineers
Warner Constructors, Inc.
Congratulations to the 1st place student winners of the 2019 IIDA Southern California design charrette:
- Micayla Brewer, Saddleback College
- Suchada Eickemeyer, Design Institute of San Diego
- Tania Mercado, Mt. San Antonio College
- Trista Su, Otis College of Art and Design