MEYER DAVIS LA INTERNSHIP
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Availability: Immediate. 3-5 days/week.
Duration: 6 months, with the potential for a full-time position offered upon completion.
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, with late nights and weekends as necessary to meet client deadlines and deliverables.
Travel: Travel to client project locations, which may include overnight travel across the US and abroad.
Work Environment: Climate controlled office setting with elevators and handicap accessible building and bathrooms. Work is fast paced and performed for external clients on long term projects with significant deadlines and milestones that must be met. This position as a team member must be able to communicate and work well with both internal employees and external clients.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Assist Project Manager(s), Lead Designer(s), and Intermediate Designer(s) with client/ project coordination.
• Assist Project Manager(s), Lead Designer(s), and Intermediate Designer(s) with the design process from concept generation through design detailing.
• Use with AutoCad, Illustrator, InDesign, SPEXX and other design software to develop drawings and presentation materials.
• Assist with sourcing, writing IF specifications and drafting of custom details and assemblies.
• Assist the project team in producing presentation materials and including selection of FF&E as well as develop material palettes.
• Assists with sourcing, sampling and budgeting FF&E designs.
• Assists with the design development of FF&E custom pieces and production of design intent drawings and Interior Finish specification packages.
• Assists with the production of construction documents and detailed drawings, with supervision from Lead Designer.
• Assists in the development of custom FF&E, including Shop Drawing reviews, with supervision from Lead Designer.
• Assists with construction and installation administration when required.
• Responsible for supporting Project Manager(s) and Lead Designers in administrative tasks.
If you’re interested in applying, please contact Stephanie Schreiber – email@example.com