Why should you become NCIDQ certified?
– Certification marks your level of competency and credibility.
– Laws in about half the states in the US and in Canada may restrict you from either practicing interior design or calling yourself an “interior designer” without a license.
– Certification can translate into significantly higher earnings.
– Certification allows you to become a Professional member of IIDA and ASID.
How to start the process of becoming NCIDQ certified:
– After you create an account, and if you have completed your formal education, you are eligible to take the first section of the exam: the IDFX. You will need to complete the application form and have your official transcripts as well as application fee sent in to the address they provide.
– Once you have met the requirements for work experience (which depends on the path you selected above) you can apply to take the remaining sections of the exam: the IDPX and Practicum. You will need to have your current and/or past supervisors fill out the work experience verification form as well as obtain three references. All of these will also need to be sent in to CDIQ with the additional application fee.
– Finally, when you have received feedback from CIDQ that your application has been accepted, you can begin to register for exams.
When can you take the exams?
– All three sections are only offered twice per year, in April and October. For Spring 2016, registration opens on January 6th.
– As always, anyone is welcome to join the San Diego IIDA Chapter’s study group, which begins the week of January 18th and runs until the exam dates.
If you need any further information about the application process, study materials, or the study group, contact Hillarie Martorell (email@example.com) or myself, Katie Toth (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Katie Toth, Associate IIDA, LEED GA