At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Disney Corporate Real Estate Design & Delivery team is a diverse and talented group of design and project managers from the architecture, design and construction industry. We create and construct innovative workplace environments that promote business success through comprehensive and thoughtful planning, innovative and sustainable design, and well-planned and timely execution. We are seeking a Design Manager to define and guide the design of Disney capital projects spanning a wide range of business functions and project types.
Inspire Disney workplace transformations by:
• Partnering with Disney clients and key stakeholders to formulate design goals for each project
• Guiding external consultants to recommend intelligent design strategies and solutions
• Strategizing and applying thoughtful Corporate design standards that allow for future flexibility
• Informing development decision making by providing campus, building, and interior space planning design guidance
• Envisioning holistic design concepts from building & site planning to environmental graphics
• Developing designs internally for smaller refresh and reconfiguration projects
• Minimum of 8 years in a full-service architecture or design firm with direct experience in conceptual planning, document delivery and construction observation for commercial office space.
• Direct experience managing project teams and consultants through all design phases.
• A strategic, design-oriented thinker that can translate concept to action
• An expert in a dedicated design discipline (architecture or interior design) with an extended knowledge and passion for design at multiple scales (campus planning, furniture, graphic design, environmental graphics and/or landscape design)
• Knowledgeable about workplace trends, and you recognize the value that a thoughtful workplace strategy can bring to business success
• Thoroughly experienced with the architectural design process and you skillfully prepare quality design presentations and construction documents
• Interested in stepping outside the boundaries of traditional design practice and in collaborating with real estate and operations partners
• Comfortable working in a wide range of projects from office refreshes and tenant improvements to new ground-up buildings and campus planning
• Up to date on current materials, furniture manufacturers and systems
• Independently productive, able to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
• Collaborative and eager to grow and share in a multi-disciplinary project team environment
• An excellent written, verbal, and graphic communicator
• Well-versed in a wide range of design software, including drafting (AutoCAD / Revit), graphic design (Adobe Creative Cloud), and 3D modeling (SketchUp / Rhino) programs
• California Registered Architect or California Certified Interior Designer (CID)
• Experience with the architectural design of technical spaces, including pre and post-production facilities
• Bachelor’s degree in a core design discipline such as architecture / interior design
• Bachelor of Architecture (Accredited Professional Degree)
• Master of Architecture or Master’s degree in a related design discipline
• Portfolio review required
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.