THESE POSITIONS HAVE BEEN FILLED.
About Westgroup Designs
Westgroup Designs (WD) is a comprehensive Architecture, Planning, and Interior Design firm headquartered in Irvine, California. Founded in 1989, WD is a woman-owned business that values passion, integrity, execution, teamwork and an enthusiasm for discovery. We specialize in workplace, retail, hospitality, educational, civic, and health & wellness facilities, ranging from tenant improvements and renovations to new ground-up, multi-story campuses.
What We Offer
• Collaborative, supportive and fun office culture, which was recognized in 2015 as one of the Top 30 Best Places to Work in Orange County by the Orange County Business Journal. Employee wellbeing and professional development are central to our culture, including weekly Lunch-nlearns, CEU sessions, industry event participation, monthly wellness initiatives and flexible working hours with half-day Fridays.
• Work alongside industry leaders who specialize in workplace strategies, health & wellness design, and learning environments.
• Located in the Google Center, our Irvine office is newly expanded and remodeled with a modern, open office design for staff to enjoy generous day-lighting, collaborative workspaces and break-out areas, and a quiet lounge area. The Google Center campus features onsite parking, several cafes and multiple outdoor seating areas.
• Competitive salaries commensurate with level of education, experience and leadership potential.
• Comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and vision care; holidays and PTO; and a 401(k) program.
You will be responsible for leading the design of complex Interiors projects from programming through construction administration. The ideal candidate will have proven success in leading a client or stakeholder group, as well as internal and external teams through all phases of an Interiors project. Ensuring your projects reflect strategic and high design solutions, technical quality, and financial success is required.
You will work collaboratively with clients, contractors, vendors and other WD team members. The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic work environment, and whose enthusiasm, creativity and winning attitude will contribute to the success of a high performance team.
The Successful Candidate Will Possess:
• Strong client, project management, and time management skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to present ideas in a marketing or project presentation.
• Knowledge of materials, finishes, furnishings, and equipment; including industry standards for selection, procurement, and install management of such items.
• A solid understanding of industry standards, construction methods, and technical systems at large, with the capability and patience to mentor junior staff in these areas.
• The ability to work both independently and effectively in a cross-disciplinary team atmosphere and across multiple offices.
• Strong creative design and drawing skills, graphic presentation skills, capacity for conceptual design thinking, and 3D design/modeling ability.
• Knowledge of the construction administration process, project billing, staffing and contracts.
• Knowledge of the local workplace market and industry trends.
• 7 or more years of experience as an Interior Designer.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture, or equivalent.
• Experience with commercial projects, specifically workplace.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite (Work, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• CID, NCIDQ or equivalent accreditation.
• LEED accreditation.
• Proficient in Revit, and other rendering software, such as SketchUp, 3D Max, Lumion, etc.
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Deltek Project Management software.
• Additional experience with hospitality, retail and healthcare projects.