Arauco is a worldwide company that manufactures wood composite panels. Since the 1960’s, we have been a leader in composite panel manufacturing in the USA. Arauco manufactures several different product lines, consisting of particleboard and MDF. Each plant has two facilities, one for particleboard, and the other for MDF. Arauco has locations all over the USA and Canada. We sell our products to commercial companies and retailers across the country. We are quickly growing, and we look forward to adding new members to our family.
** WORK FROM HOME / REMOTE POSITION **
** 50% TRAVEL, ALL EXPENSES PAID FOR **
Specification Representative ( wood composite panels ) – Los Angeles, CA
We are a worldwide wood composite manufacturer (TFL). We make wood panels for shelving, walls, furniture, counters, cabinets, desks, flooring, architectural wall & ceiling panels, etc. This Specification Rep is essentially a sales / marketing role–this Rep will meet w/ Interior Designers, Architects, or Fabricators that are designing a new layout (ex: office, education, retail, hospital)—Specification Rep would suggestively sell our TFL wood products (furniture, shelving, desks, etc) to these individuals. He/she would sell the types of panels, and the color of the laminate on the panels to fulfill their needs. Once a partnership is made, the Design Rep will coordinate w/ the Sales team who will take care of the quotes, pricing, and orders.
Description of Essential Duties:
- Provide support to Design & Specification Manager
- In coordination with the Design & Specification Manager, target specific market segments, and introduce Arauco TFL
- Respond to leads from REED Connect by contacting GC’s, Fabricators, Architects and Designers via telephone with the purpose of tracking and following up on relevant specs and projects that Arauco could be involved in
- Meet w/ Interior Designers, and partner w/ them to sell our products. Survey their design to suggest options for them (furniture, shelving, architectural motifs, etc)
- Bring marketing materials, like our foldouts, brochures, color samples, and TFL samples to assist you in obtaining business.
- Travel with Arauco Sales reps to key distributors and OEM’s to introduce and promote Arauco TFL
- By meeting with firms, educate them on the features & benefits of Arauco TFL
- Provide support to the Sales team at regional and national trade shows where Arauco exhibits their products (educate the business community on features & benefits of our products)
- Maintain a database of A&D contacts with comments and feedback on firm’s strengths and markets served
- Provide support for color matches with our laminate suppliers
- Territory will cover California, Arizona, and Nevada
Key Expectations Supporting Organizational Structure:
- Represent Flakeboard professionally
- Support the Sales & Marketing Group
- Assist Design & Specification Manager in efforts to grow Arauco’s market
- Gather info on competitor’s products, and the uses of our products.
Key Safety/Housekeeping Reponsibilities:
- Travel safely and responsibly
- Work alongside the Flakeboard Marketing and TFL team to develop and implement a TFL strategic plan across North America
Desired Skills and Experience
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 1-2 years as a Specification Representative, or a Graphic Designer or Interior Designer w/ ability to sell or interface w/ customers. Any equivalent market experience, or education/internships will also be considered.
- Must have good color perception (understand colors—matching to what the customer is looking for)
- Willing to travel 50% of the time; territory covered will be in California, Arizona, and Nevada.
- Strong presentation skills, ability to talk to potential customers, and be comfortable speaking in front of people
- Ability to be persistent, willing to learn about our products, and be committed to selling our products & building our customer base
PLUS (not required):
- Experience in graphic design is a plus
- Good understanding of the decorative laminate industry specification process, specifying wood products / types, flooring, or similar products is a plus
- Able to create and modify PowerPoint presentations is a plus
- Beesoft or Sharepoint experience is a plus