Blitz – Job Captain, Los Angeles
Blitz – Job Captain, Los Angeles
At Blitz we believe that design should tell a story — an interesting and compelling story. What are we about? Where do we stand? What are our passions and what makes us happy? These are legitimate questions and we should seek answers to them throughout the design process.
Blitz is an award winning design firm specializing in commercial architecture and workplace design. We provide the complete range of architectural services required to take a project from programming through construction. Our team of architects and interior and graphic designers work as one to create thoughtful design solutions with technical rigor.
About the Opportunity
At Blitz, Job Captains are designers with stellar technical skills and dogged persistence. They play a critical role in providing technical translation of the project design and are responsible for delivering effective and rigorous documentation (under direct supervision of the Lead Designer). Job Captains develop and coordinate architectural drawings with particular focus on constructibility, code compliance, coordination with external partners, and implementation of the Blitz delivery standards.
Our studio is highly collaborative and every team member contributes to project design, project delivery and administration, and client care. At Blitz, we uphold the highest standards of project delivery and professionalism, and the Job Captain will lead by example in all aspects of the delivery process. The ideal candidate will be disciplined, obsessed with details, naturally curious, and pursuing licensure (see Benefits).
This is a full-time position with benefits. Compensation is based on ability and experience. In addition to workplace interiors, our commercial interiors work includes bio-tech, higher education, international hospitality, and developer-led adaptive re-use. We are looking to expand our team of technical design leaders to support this work. We love the power of a great idea and are looking for “builders” not joiners.
- Full-time employees receive four weeks PTO (including the week between Christmas and New Years when the office is closed).
- Nine paid holiday days.
- Flexible working hours with four nine-hour days and a half day on Friday.
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage is provided.
- 401(k) with generous matching.
- Strong continuing education support on both a firm-wide and an individual basis.
- Salary increase upon licensure (successfully passed licensing exams are reimbursed too).
- Stocked kitchen and fresh coffee daily!
- 5+ years of professional experience working at an architecture or interior design studio.
- Accredited degree in architecture or interior architecture.
- REVIT proficiency is required (power-REVIT users preferred).
- Excellent technical and design skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and graphic communication skills, inclusive of 3D rendering skills.
- Experience in architectural interiors preferred. Experience with core + shell / adaptive re-use a plus.
- Working knowledge of the California Building Code, and experience interfacing with local agencies having jurisdiction.
- Ability to work within a team environment and coordinate with the design team, clients, consultants, and contractors.
- Candidates must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
The Blitz team works hard but we make sure we take time to have fun and keep learning. In addition to continuing education opportunities and project management training, Blitz supports internal design and technical presentations through learning lunches, after hours mixers, and a mentoring program that is available to junior staff. We support our industry through a variety of events, and enjoy the company of our competitors (who we also consider our friends). Our Summer / Winter parties are awesome.
How to Apply
Email your resume, work samples inclusive of construction documents and rendering samples, and salary requirements in a single document in PDF format to [email protected]. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Apply Here Back to Jobs