Gensler – Senior Designer, San Diego
Gensler – Senior Designer, San Diego
As a Gensler Senior Designer in our Tech/Workplace practice area, your job is to combine creativity and technical skills with a thorough understanding of the Design and Production process, in order to produce highly creative, environmentally conscious and budget responsive spaces for clients. You should have exceptional design skills, a background in workplace design or interior architecture and a portfolio of innovative design concepts.
You must be an integral part of your teams and actively foster a respectful, creative and inspiring design environment.
What You Will Do
- Lead interior design assignments that include detailed programming, conceptual design, space planning, schematic design, design development, construction documentation, and construction administration.
- Provide strategically minded design support for organization, production and execution of design projects.
- Participate in seamless collaboration with internal/external core & shell teams, professional consultants and other strategic partners.
- Participate in design iterations with team members in generating, 3D modeling, utilizing Revit, Sketchup, Enscape and/or other modeling or rendering software in conjunction with Adobe Creative Suite
- Lead and participate in generating interior architectural, finish and reflected ceiling plans, elevations and details along with corresponding specifications and schedules.
- Work with external consultants, product representatives, furniture dealers, and fabricators to realize design and budgetary goals of the client.
- Guide and mentor junior designers, assisting in leading multiple projects at a high level, working in a collaborative manner with other design and technical staff
- Help to nurture and sustain client relations with a large tech client
- Lead and contribute to office activities, help communicate key firm initiatives and learning programs
- Work closely with your team and across the office and firm, to promote and model an inter-disciplinary design approach that enhances Gensler’s culture of design quality and excellence.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- 10+ years of relevant interior design experience in corporate workplace with corresponding portfolio demonstrating various phases of project work. Be prepared to show examples of Programming, Schematic, & Design Development, CD’s as well as finished project photos.
- Ability to communicate and present design concepts and rationales. Ability to iterate to address client requests, budget considerations, existing or new architectural opportunities or constraints or other impacts on design concept.
- NCIDQ certified is preferred
- Knowledge of sustainable and universal design concepts. Proficient in Revit, SketchUp, Enscape, and/or other modeling software.
- Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials, color selections, and proper specifications and procurement of same.
- Graphics and visualization skills to effectively communicate design ideas.
- Flexibility to focus on a single client with multiple projects in various stages of development
Life at Gensler
As a people-first organization, we are as committed to enjoying life as much as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated local art exhibits to Tech Talks to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests.
Gensler is committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Through our Five Strategies to Fight Racism, we continue to create a just and equitable future for our colleagues and our communities with our clients. We are a solid voice for social change and celebrate diversity and our commitment to creating an inclusive workplace environment.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees.
Apply online here or reach out directly at [email protected]
Apply Here Back to Jobs