Call for Entries
Calibre Design Awards Submission Period
December 3rd, 2018 – January 18th, 2019
Final Submissions are due by Friday, January 18th, 2019 at 5pm PST. No exceptions. No extensions. All photography must be submitted by the due date.
May 17th, 2019
Who Can Enter
IIDA Professional and Associate Members in good standing who have a paid 2019 IIDA Membership by January 18, 2019, who are employed by a design firm or self-employed.
How To Enter
The online submission form is now open! Click here to enter your projects.
Work Extra-Large – 75,000+ sq. ft.
Work Large – 35,000 – 74,999 sq. ft.
Work Medium – 14,000 – 34,999 sq. ft.
Work Small – 5,000 – 13,999 sq. ft.
Work Extra-Small – Under 4,999 sq. ft.
Healthcare – Hospitals, laboratories, long term care facilities, and MOBs
Wellness – Gyms, Spas, Fitness, Mental Health, and Therapy
Public & Community Spaces – Government, institutional, transportation, worship and museum galleries
Education – Elementary/secondary educational facilities, colleges/universities
Hospitality – Hotel main spaces, point of sale retail, restaurants, country clubs
Projects must be located in Southern California and must have been completed between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018. Projects submitted in a prior year are not eligible to be submitted a second time. Absolutely no changes will be accepted once the project is submitted, including changing team members. Photography must be included with the submission and cannot be submitted separately or later than the due date.
The cost for the first entry is $250, and each additional entry is $200. There is no limit to the number of entries a designer or design firm may submit. Fees must be paid in full at the time of submission and are non-refundable under any circumstance.
1. The Project Team shall consist of the submitting designer and 3-5 additional Team Members who made significant contributions to the project and who are not associated with the submitting design firm. You will be asked to provide the following information for each Team Member. Please be sure and enter the correct spelling and full name of each company. Company names cannot be changed after submitting. A team member consists of outside companies such as the client, general contractor, manufacturer, dealer, or other consultants.
• Company name & address
• Contact name, profession/specialty, phone number & email address
2. You will be asked to answer four questions with a 250 word limit for each. The names of team members must not be included when answering the submission questions to keep teams anonymous for judging. You may include the name of your client/project in the answers and you may include the client’s logo in the photos. However, if you are submitting your own firm’s office, you may not include the design firm name in either the descriptions or the photos.
• Please explain the project objectives and provide a profile of the client and their business. Description may include the name of the client.
• Please detail the design philosophy and solutions relative to the project objectives.
• How did the team collaborate to bring the project to completion?
• How well did the team resolve challenges and address the program?
3. You may submit up to six hi-res images of the completed project. Renderings are not allowed. One of the images must be a floor plan of the space. Images must be hi-res JPEGs at a minimum size of 8” x 10” at 300dpi. You will be asked to choose the featured image to be used in promotional materials – this image must be horizontal aspect. We recommend it be a representative interior shot. Images may contain the name and/or logo of the client.
Winning projects will be announced at the Calibre Design Awards gala on May 17, 2019. Trophies will be given to the team members listed in the Submission. No additional awards will be available for fabrication or purchase.