Call for Entries
Calibre Design Awards Submission Period
December 14th, 2017 – January 19, 2018
Final Submissions are due by Friday, January 19th, 5pm PST. No exceptions. No extensions. All photography must be submitted by the due date.
May 18, 2018
Who Can Enter
IIDA Professional and Associate Members in good standing who have a paid 2018 IIDA Membership by January 19, 2018, who are employed by a design firm or self-employed.
Work Extra-Large – 75,000+ sq. ft.
Work Large – 35,000 – 74,999 sq. ft.
Work Medium – 14,000 – 34,999 sq. ft.
Work Small – 5,000 – 13,999 sq. ft.
Work Extra-Small – Under 4,999 sq. ft.
Public & Community Spaces – Government, institutional, transportation, worship and museum galleries
Health & Wellness – Medical, spa, fitness, hospital, long term care facilities
Hospitality – Hotel main spaces, point of sale retail, restaurants, country clubs
Education – Elementary/secondary educational facilities, colleges/universities
Entertainment – Casinos, arenas, theaters, performing arts centers
Projects must be located in Southern California and must have been completed between October 1, 2016 and December 31, 2017. You may save your changes as you are working in the Submission Form, but no changes will be accepted once it is submitted.
The cost for the first entry is $250, and each additional entry is $200. There is no limit to the number of entries a designer or design firm may submit. Fees must be paid in full at the time of submission and are non-refundable.
1. The Project Team shall consist of the submitting designer and 3-5 additional Team Members who made significant contributions to the project and who are not associated with the submitting design firm. You will be asked to provide the following information for each Team Member. Please be sure and enter the correct spelling and full name of each company.
• Company name & address
• Contact name, profession/specialty, phone number & email address
2. You will be asked to answer four questions with a 250 word limit for each. The names of team members must not be included when answering the submission questions to keep teams anonymous for judging. You may include the name of your client/project in the answers below and you may include the client’s logo in the photos. However, if you are submitting your own firm’s office, you may not include the design firm name in either the descriptions or the photos.
• Please explain the project objectives and provide a profile of the client and their business. Description may include the name of the client.
• Please detail the design philosophy and solutions relative to the project objectives.
• How did the team collaborate to bring the project to completion?
• How well did the team resolve challenges and address the program?
3. You may submit up to six hi-res images of the completed project. Renderings are not allowed. One of the images must be a floor plan of the space. Images must be hi-res JPEGs at a minimum size of 8 x 10” at 250dpi. You will be asked to choose the featured image to be used in promotional materials – this image must be horizontal aspect. We recommend it be a representative interior shot. Images may contain the name and/or logo of the client.
Winning projects will be announced at the Calibre Design Awards gala on May 18, 2018. Trophies will be given to the team members listed in the Submission. No additional awards will be available for fabrication or purchase.