AWA+D and IIDA SoCal Los Angeles City Center’s networking event Mixer @ Hem is one of the first collaborations between the two organizations serving the Design Community in Southern California. The Intent of the mixer is to bring design professionals together, network and form closer connections between members of both organizations. AWA+D also plans to support the Los Angeles Women’s Shelter with a clothing drive. Please visit their website for additional information and tickets.
We will have drinks and eats as well as a short networking activity with a drawing at the end with fabulous prizes. We will also be collecting donations for the Downtown Women’s Center. Please see guidelines below.
Parking – There’s street parking and limited paid parking available.
Guidelines for Donation:
The highest needs of DWC participants include:
- Large clothing, shoes, bras, tents, thick blankets, and queen sheet sets. We are also greatly in need of gender neutral professional clothing to help women attain employment (sizes medium and above).
- Clothing (new and used alike), especially in size large-5xlarge. We also need new and lightly worn shoes. When preparing a clothing donation, please note the following:
- All clothing must be freshly laundered within 2 weeks of donating, as many of the women put them on directly.
- Please sort clothing by type (e.g. shirts, shorts, pants, etc.) to help our staff distribute them more efficiently.
- Please do not include worn-down shoes.